Wednesday, February 24, 2016

'I stood in the blood of terrorist bombings': Award-winning war correspondent Stan Grant and The Project host Waleed Aly slam prankster Jalal brothers for 'abhorrent' AK-47 stunt while wearing Arab headdresses


'I stood in the blood of terrorist bombings': Award-winning war correspondent Stan Grant and The Project host Waleed Aly slam prankster Jalal brothers for 'abhorrent' AK-47 stunt while wearing Arab headdresses
Jalal brothers have sparked outrage with terror attack 'prank' videos
They dress in traditional Arab robes and try to scare bystanders
Max, 20, Arman, 18, and Rebeen Jalal, 16, being investigated by police
They live with their parents and made $4,500 from their last video
The brothers were
http://dollars-vedioonline.blogspot.com/2016/02/i-stood-in-blood-of-terrorist-bombings.html


The controversial brothers who spark outrage by dressing in traditional Arab robes and carrying out cruel terrorist attack hoaxes have been slammed on The Project.
Guest panelist and award-winning journalist Stan Grant took the three young men to task, describing his disturbing experiences as a war correspondent in the Middle East 'standing in the blood of terrorist bombings'.
Grant questioned if they knew how 'abhorrent' their actions are and the damaging messages they are sending. The boys responded by defending their video pranks and likening them to the television show Punk'd.
'Boys, you say this is real. I'll tell you what's real: I spent 10 years covering war in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan right through the Middle East. I stood in the blood of terrorist bombings. And the people who get killed, overwhelmingly, in terrorist attacks are Muslims themselves,' said Grant.



Fellow host Carrie Bickmore wasn't so convinced, explaining that she believes the people in the videos are willing participants and faking their reactions
'There is nothing funny about this, there's nothing real about what you're doing, it is abhorrent. Do you ever stop and think about the message you're sending?'
The Melbourne-based Jalal brothers, Max, 20, Arman, 18, and Rebeen, 16, are making a living out of scaring unsuspecting bystanders with bombing hoaxes and pretend drive by shootings, with videos showing their terrified witnesses running for their lives.
The most distressing moment in their videos shows a little girl grabbing her father's hand and running for her life as they put a fake AK-47 in her face. The Jalals revealed they made $4,500 from the clip.
Host Waleed Aly questioned if the videos are just fakes, set up by the boys for attention.
When the Jalals insisted all the victims reactions are genuine, Aly asked if they realised how 'damn irresponsible' it is to make people fear they are in the middle of a terrorist attack.
'You're trying to create a scenario that makes people immediately think that they are in the midst of a terrorist attack. That's the basis of the whole thing. It doesn't work if you don't do that,' said Aly.



Aly slammed the men for creating an atmosphere of fear when the threat of terrorism is real in Australia
'So now what we're asking, given that, which you've acknowledged, isn't it pretty damn irresponsible to create that whole scenario that is necessarily going to get people involved and make them think they are in the middle of a terrorist attack?'
The brothers conceded the 'scene was pretty irresponsible'.
Aly then slammed the men for creating an atmosphere of fear at a time when the threat of terrorism is real in Australia.
'I think, guys, the idea of a shooting like that and a terrorist attack like that is not a hypothetical fictional idea to people right now. It's one that is very real,' said Aly.
'We heard earlier in the week from a terrorism expert who said that a terrorist attack of the kind we saw in Paris may well be inevitable here. That's what people live with. So you go and do this right now, that's what you're evoking in people.'
Fellow host Carrie Bickmore wasn't so convinced, explaining that she believes the people in the videos are willing participants and faking their reactions.



Award-winning journalist Stan Grant took the three young men to task, describing his disturbing experiences as a war correspondent in the Middle East 'standing in the blood of terrorist bombings'
'I'm still not convinced that everyone isn't in on what is happening here. Some of the videos, they look like they're acting. If not, I hope they're getting paid on that YouTube channel, they can afford a psychologist for that poor girl for the rest of her life. If that happened to me, I would be scared of noises. I'd be shaking for a long time after that.'
The boys believe their actions are akin to the pranks Ashton Kutcher played on other celebrities on the TV show Punk'd.
'If we pretended to kill people in another way would it be cool then? ... How come they aired Punk'd for 10 years on TV and everyone seemed to be alright with that, or scare tactics, if you remember that?' Max said.
The boys are being investigated by Victoria Police over a number of their controversial videos - something which has left Max, a law student at Victoria University, slightly rattled.


Max Jalal is pictured (left) with his brother Arman (second right) posing in front of sports cars

Man dressed in thawb pranks people pretending to have bomb in bag

*********
When asked whether he thought the extreme videos would affect his career as a lawyer, he told Daily Mail Australia: 'It has crossed my mind, but I want to concentrate on the videos.'
Some of the more shocking moments in their videos include hurling suspicious parcels at random strangers before sprinting off and staging the kidnap of a woman on a busy Gold Coast street.
One of the 'entertainers' is also seen appearing to simulate a sex act with a chicken in a spoof version of an MTV Cribs video which also shows a number of the animals being kept in a fridge.
The Muslim brothers, who have more than 1.8 million likes on their Facebook page, have defended their antics, claiming that they never wanted to spread fear and that it was all supposed to be 'funny'.


When asked whether he thought the extreme videos would affect his career as a lawyer, he told Daily Mail Australia: 'It has crossed my mind, but I want to concentrate on the videos.'
Some of the more shocking moments in their videos include hurling suspicious parcels at random strangers before sprinting off and staging the kidnap of a woman on a busy Gold Coast street.
One of the 'entertainers' is also seen appearing to simulate a sex act with a chicken in a spoof version of an MTV Cribs video which also shows a number of the animals being kept in a fridge.
The Muslim brothers, who have more than 1.8 million likes on their Facebook page, have defended their antics, claiming that they never wanted to spread fear and that it was all supposed to be 'funny'.


The entertainers, who have more than 1.8 million likes on their Facebook page, have defended their antics, pictured (left) is Arman and (right) is Rebeen
The Jalals defend shocking 'girlfriend kidnap prank'


****

Another part of the video showed one of the 'pranksters' launching the backpack into the open window of someone's car.

The driver quickly abandoned the vehicle leaving the door flung wide open.

Despite an outpouring of negative comments, the brothers amassed legions of followers with their official Facebook page attracting over a million likes just days after they released the video.

'In just one week we managed to achieve 1 million likes on this page, that's crazy,' they wrote on Facebook.

'We couldn't of done it without you guys, so we would like to personally thank each and every one of you for all the support and feedback you've given us! P.s f*** the haters.'

Max revealed that they first started filming prank videos around six months ago after seeing some videos on YouTube.

'We stumbled across some pranks online and we thought that we wanted to do something controversial that would get people talking.

'It has just exploded from there with a few of our videos. Now we have lawyers telling us whether we can or can't do something, so we go right up to the limit.

He said that the brothers were 'aware' of a police investigation, but that they have not heard anything from police yet.







His younger brother Rebeen said the trio started getting paid for their videos around two months ago and that it was 'big business'.

'We are monetising through Facebook and YouTube and we get money from sponsors and brands.'

The trio has received at least $4,500 for their latest 'drive by shooting' prank through Facebook views alone.

And the brothers revealed that they have been approached by companies saying they are willing to pay them up to $100,000 per month.

They all still live at home together with father, who owns several businesses, and their mother.

Rebeen, 16, recently dropped out of Lalor Secondary College and is considering studying for a plumbing or real estate course.


'I was doing alright at school, but it wasn't really for me. I would much rather be doing the videos.'

Arman, 18, who attended Mill Park Secondary College with Max, said: 'I want to do bomb pranks for a living.'






The brothers revealed that they tried to make amends after the 'drive by shooting' video and gave the little girl some sweets
The brothers launched their Facebook group in July 2015 and were first seen donning white robes and beards for a video later that month which attracted more than 55,000 views.
One of their 'extreme' bomb prank videos sees black bag thrown over a locked toilet cubicle – prompting a man to run out with his trousers round his legs.
They even claimed that Arman was shot during filming for a suicide bombing prank and later posted pictures of him 'recovering in hospital'.
'It's been a hard 2 weeks filming without you little Jalal, as soon as that bullet wound heals we'll continue to do what we do best (Bomb Pranks). Get well soon,' they captioned the pictures.
The 'comedians' came under fire once again on Tuesday with a video that showed them firing a gun at a little girl while she was standing at a phone box with a father.
But they defended themselves, saying that the little girl popped out of the shop at the last second and the driver was 'unaware'.
'When we initially spotted them the man was on the phone and she was inside the shop, but then she popped out at the last second,' Max told Daily Mail Australia.
'She was a little bit shaken, but not for long, we did our best to make sure she was smiling and laughing again. We did feel pretty bad about it.'



After the white 4WD drives away, both men can be seen running for their lives from the scene


The brothers also sparked outrage with a video in January which showed them running up behind a woman, tossing a garbage bag over her head and bundling her into a van.


In the video, the brothers teamed up with up with Shammi – another controversial prankster who came under fire for his cruel pranks againts his girlfriend Sarah Reay-Young.

While Shammi was on a date with his girlfriend, the brothers ambushed her and staged the public kidnapping as she screamed out for help.

But the comedian has now spoken out, saying he believes the trio are becoming 'too extreme'.

'My girlfriend wasn't impressed at all, she was pretty upset at the time and I think we may have taken it a bit too far,' he told Daily Mail Australia.

'When she watched it back she felt better about it all. She didn't know anything about it before it happened, I told her we were going to get lunch.



The three men can all be seen sprinting from the scene after hearing multiple gun shots


'It was all over in about five seconds, but she wasn't impressed. Even though she's prepared for pranks, you still wouldn't think about it straight away.

'I have watched their most recently video and I think they are getting really extreme now, personally I think it's going a bit too far.'

Leading lawyer David Galbally QC told 3AW Mornings that the brothers could be charged with assault.

'When you put somebody in terror and threaten them - whether it's a joke, or not - it's an assault.

'And if they are carrying imitation firearms, well, that's illegal also.'

A spokesman for Victoria Police said: 'We are aware of the video posted on social media.'

'Given the community and broader impact, Victoria Police condemns the behaviours exhibited in the video/s regardless of the intent in their manufacture.'



Shocked families and children can be seen watching the pranksters stage the public kidnapping (right) on a busy street

No comments:

Post a Comment

sharing